Installed but shutdown when loading

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

mwilding

Installed but shutdown when loading

Post by mwilding »

I just installed ZT on a Windows 11 Home PC. ZT starts properly but when I load a ZT game box using the ZT menu ZT shuts down.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Michael
Chobham_1980A

Re: Installed but shutdown when loading

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Happy Holidays, Michael !

I see you have been a member to ZT Forums since 2007; which tells me you know ZT1.2 to ZT1.4 , which ZTB are you having problems with? Also, are you using ZT1.3 or ZT1.4 (ZT1.3 should be the default version downloaded by File section)? I have all three ZT1.2/ZT1.3/ZT1.4 on my Win 11 64 K system. I'll be glad to check the ZTB on my system and report back!

Have you tried using Windows File Explorer to open a ZTB by 'double-left' click? This is my usual way of opening a ZTB; but some ZT Folk still prefer to use the "add to library method." In the distant past, there was some bugginess to this method of opening newer ZTBs. I thought this was fixed by ZT1.3 . . .

I'll keep an eye on the forums (I'm located in Miami, Florida USA) . . . Rich
mwilding

Post by mwilding »

Hi.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I installed ZT from the link on zuntzu.com files page. The text on the page says the version of ZT is 1.2 for Windows multilingual. But the application when opened says 1.3 so that must be the version.

Opening games boxes from Windows File Explorer does not help.

I could not open a few of the ztbs on the top of the files download list (Flying Tigers, Napoleon at Borodino, Wacht Am Rhein) and some old files I had previously downloaded.

The ZT application shuts down before any ZT error message appears.

Thanks again and have a great holiday season.

Michael
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Thanks for your prompt reply!

I'll re-download all the ZTBs you listed and try to open in ZT1.2 to 1.4 . . . Good to see verification that the default ZT core program is still ZT1.3!

Thanks for the bug report!!!! Rich :D

PS I have Family stuff to do - - give me some time before an update!
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi Michael!

Just checked "Flying Tigers" and "Wacht Am Rhein." Both downloaded from the files section (slowly) but opened fine in ZT1.2/1.3/1.4. Of course, all these downloads were slower than normal, because of the holiday season (?). But did open in all three ZT core programs.

ZT1.4 is the optimized version for 64K computers - do you have this ZT core program?

ZT Folk: Please, never forget that our Forums are always available to report problems. - - ALWAYS inform us of issues!
mwilding

Post by mwilding »

I have ZT 1.3 Where can a find ZT 1.4?

Thanks.

Michael
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Here s a link to the forum post: viewtopic.php?t=10702
mwilding

Post by mwilding »

The ZT 1.4 version works! Thanks very much. Happy Holidays!

Michael
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi Michael!

I'm glad to hear that! All of my ZTB downloads worked in ZT1.2 to ZT1.4 - - so I figured it might be a computer architecture issue. I am assuming you have a new computer, what are it's specs? Mine is an I-7, third generation chip with original Win 10 upgraded to Win 11. I do remember I had to upgrade my NET Framework . . . Happy New Year! - - Rich
Last edited by Chobham_1980A on 29 Dec 2023, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
mwilding

Post by mwilding »

I have a new Alienware Aurora R15 with a AMD Ryzen(TM) 9 7950X processor and NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090 graphics card running Windows 11 Home. Thanks again.