scenarios syntax...

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

morval

scenarios syntax...

Post by morval »

Jerome is it possible to get the full syntax for the scenarios file similar to what you posted on the gamebox-grammer webpage in support?

Thanks,

Morval
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Why do you need that information?
The syntax is about to change so I would prefer that you didn't rely on it and instead build scenarios using ZunTzu.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
morval

Post by morval »

Jerome wrote:Why do you need that information?
The syntax is about to change so I would prefer that you didn't rely on it and instead build scenarios using ZunTzu.
Just interested in learning all the syntax.

My idea was to create a gamebox that acts as a tutorial that basically had all the terrain, cards, counters, etc types and explain how they work. Then new users don't have to do what I've been doing by piecing things together from all over the place.

Is the game-box.xml changing as well? How soon, should I just wait a bit?

Thanks,

Morval
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

morval wrote:Is the game-box.xml changing as well?
In the future, scenarios will be completely defined in ZunTzu - unlike today where you have to start from a dummy hand written scenario. The scenarios will use a new binary file format.

The game box will be designed through a stand-alone tool - I should be able to publish a pre-beta version at the end of the month. Under the hood the game-box.xml syntax will remain valid, but you won't have to see a single line of XML anymore if you don't want to.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
morval

Post by morval »

Jerome wrote:
morval wrote:Is the game-box.xml changing as well?
In the future, scenarios will be completely defined in ZunTzu - unlike today where you have to start from a dummy hand written scenario. The scenarios will use a new binary file format.

The game box will be designed through a stand-alone tool - I should be able to publish a pre-beta version at the end of the month. Under the hood the game-box.xml syntax will remain valid, but you won't have to see a single line of XML anymore if you don't want to.
No problem, I can wait. I'm going to start making some gamebox tests in the next week or so. Just need to find time.

When you use an XML editor to view the file its actually really easy to work with and don't get any errors. I'm just using the free Microsoft XML Notebpad 2007. Nice and simple, but works great from what I can see. I've been reading up on XML as well, always meant to look into it more.

Morval