Pokemon Trading Card Game

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

hueglin

Pokemon Trading Card Game

Post by hueglin »

I've been looking into ZunTzu as a way to make a virtual Pokemon Trading Card game. I looked through the Poker Game and it seems to be able to do everything you would need to play the game. The one problem I see is that players need to be able to create their own, individualized decks of 60 cards, many of which will be duplicates.

If I can provide a copy of each card in the card sheets, is it possible to draw the cards from your card sheets, into your deck on the board - and be able to draw duplicate cards when doing so?

Better yet, is there any way to easily create decks outside of the game and load them in when ready to play?

This looks like an amazing piece of software. Thanks in advance for any input.

Dave
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Pokemon Trading Card Game

Post by Jerome »

Hi Dave!
hueglin wrote:If I can provide a copy of each card in the card sheets, is it possible to draw the cards from your card sheets, into your deck on the board - and be able to draw duplicate cards when doing so?
Yes. You can specify the number of cards you can draw out of a card section.
hueglin wrote:Better yet, is there any way to easily create decks outside of the game and load them in when ready to play?
No, you can't load decks. I'm afraid ZunTzu wasn't designed for collectible card games. You have to build your deck before every game. You can do it offline: build your deck into your "hand", save the game, send the game file to your opponent and make him do the same thing. Your game is ready to start.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.