Units that should be hidden from the other player(s).

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Pokke

Units that should be hidden from the other player(s).

Post by Pokke »

As we cannot assign units to a player (yet) I was wondering if this could do the trick.

You place the counters down on the board, backside up. As in the real game or with cardgames you simply drag the counter that you want to investigate into your "hand" where you can turn it over without the opponent seeing what it is. Before placing it back on the board you have to remember to turn it back over.
Maybe this is not such a good idea for block games but I'm thinking about ways to play the VaeVictis Gettysburg game. It would have the benefit that you need just one mapboard.

Another option is to use 3 maps. One assigned to each player and one that both can see. This means that I need to provide each counter 3 times and some dummy counters with just a backside to use as placeholders. A bit clumsy I guess, but it might do the trick?

Before I start working on it. Has anyone tried any of the above? Or some other idea to make it work?
bggames01

Post by bggames01 »

You can find a way to get it done if you try hard enough. But it will be so cumbersome, will anyone want to play it like that?
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

bggames01 wrote:You can find a way to get it done if you try hard enough. But it will be so cumbersome, will anyone want to play it like that?
Probably not. So I put that game on hold for now.