Conflict of Heroes Runtime Error

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

mesh

Conflict of Heroes Runtime Error

Post by mesh »

Just installed ZunTsu, and loaded up the:

Conflict of Heroes : Storms of Steel English Gamebox v2:
http://academy-games.com/images/stories ... ish_v2.zip

Linked from this page:
http://academy-games.com/play-coh-online

When I load it, I get this runtime error:
Start.zts, line 2: invalid value "Angriff! Teil 2:Ostfront 1943" for
attribute "game-box"
The gamebox appears to still load.

Running Windows 7.

Looking at the game-box.xml the game-box name is:

name="Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel - Kursk 1943"

Looking at the Start.zts file, the game-box value is:

game-box="Angriff! Teil 2: Ostfront 1943"

Looking at the docs at:

http://www.zuntzu.com/create_gamebox-3.htm
The value for "game-box" should be the same name as the one used in the game-box.xml file.
So, it seams like the game-box value in Start.zts should be:

"Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel - Kursk 1943"

and not:

"Angriff! Teil 2: Ostfront 1943"

Does that seem like that might be causing the error?

mike
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Yes, that's the reason for the error.

It only displays when the game box is initially added to the library, but has no effect when running the module.

Regards, Bill.
mesh

Post by mesh »

Thanks. I was able to correct the file, which fixed the error.

Will this cause problems for me when I play online? i.e. having a slightly different ZTB file than players who have the version from the Conflict of Heroes website?

mike
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Yes it's quite probable that your corrected game box will be incompatible with other players' ones.

Players should always use identical modules (errors included) to ensure they work together reliably.

Regards, Bill.
Yalnin

Post by Yalnin »

Hi mesh,

I am the designer of the CoH-SoS-module, thanks for pointing me to this thread.

First of all - you are correct with this catch. The error sneaked into the module because I was designing the German language module and the English language module at the same time, and all this switching across the files in different languages finally lead to this bug. Amazingly enough, nobody of the many many downloaders until today has ever pointed me to this problem - obviously they all correctly proceeded installing the module ignoring the error that only shows up when you install the game box in the ZunTzu game library for the first time.

Now, I have been thinking forth and back the pros and cons of correcting this bug, and releasing a new "version 3", but finally I have decided to leave it as it is. Correcting the game box into a new version 3 would force everybody to download the new game box, creating new incompatibilities between players like Bill wrote correctly. This, adding to the fact that I am working on a new CoH game box that includes AtB, SoS and PoH and will make all previous individual game boxes obsolete.

So, in your case I would suggest that you leave the game box as it is in the original download version, ignore the error file while adding it to your ZunTzu game library, to ensure you are compatible with all other SoS game box users. When the new box is released, everybody will switch anyway.
mesh

Post by mesh »

Yeah, I think that is the best course of action. It doesnt appear to affect anything. The main issue, is that is was really confusing for me as I was new to ZunTzu.

mike