Can you create 3 states for counters to cycle through

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Lebatron

Can you create 3 states for counters to cycle through

Post by Lebatron »

You know how some games need you to flip the counter when you are done. I know this is supported, but I was wondering if more than 2 states for cards or counters can be specified? I'd like to have counters in at least 3 states. Fresh, active, and spent. In a game like CoH when you group move you may have several units to keep tract of. Vassal allows you to highlight these, but I dislike vassal's clunkyness and would rather play most tacticals via Zuntzu. Anyway, with only 2 states that I know off fresh and active would have to be the same state. I have thought about adding little markers to my module to help players make a large group, but I would much rather see first if 3 or more states can be specified for units. It would be so cool to flip once to show its active, then flip a second time to show its spent. Then of course flip a third time to reset back to fresh. If this is not a feature yet then please consider it for 2.0. Anyway, if it can be programmed would someone suggest how?
Heath

Post by Heath »

How about rotating the counters slightly? (Use the mouse wheel to spin them)
Woody8297

Post by Woody8297 »

I would like to know the answer to this question too. In a game where the units have several strength values ("steps"), a simple front/back counter flip is insufficient. And rotating the counter is no solution here. Is there a way ZunTzu can cycle through several steps for the same counter so that for example, a unit whose initial strength is 5 can go to 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 and then back again to 5?
Heath

Post by Heath »

You can stack the counters, and drag the appropriate value to the top of the stack, but otherwise no, I don't think there's a way to flip a tile to more than one value. Check out the Biblios game box dice tiles, that's a good example of one game piece with 6 unique values that is set by dragging and dropping faces within the stack inspector.