Runebound

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Briareos

Runebound

Post by Briareos »

Anyone considering making a Runebound Gamebox? I have the core game and a scanner but I haven't really tried anything like this before.
Alejo

Good!

Post by Alejo »

I was just asking for this! :D I bought the game a week ago and I´m waiting for it to arrive (with a couple of decks too).
If you want me to do the gamebox I´ll be glad. Just send me the scans (in packs of no more than 10mb, and we´ll have it working really soon :).
I already did a gamebox, Gulf Strike, wich is posted in Confraria Lúdica. It took me just a week to finish it. So I guess with runebound would be a similar situation.
The scans resolution shoud be at 150 or 300 dpi.
S!
My mail:

alejandroanz
@
yahoo.com.ar
Briareos

Re: Good!

Post by Briareos »

Alejo wrote:I was just asking for this! :D I bought the game a week ago and I´m waiting for it to arrive (with a couple of decks too).
If you want me to do the gamebox I´ll be glad. Just send me the scans (in packs of no more than 10mb, and we´ll have it working really soon :).
I already did a gamebox, Gulf Strike, wich is posted in Confraria Lúdica. It took me just a week to finish it. So I guess with runebound would be a similar situation.
S!
My mail:

alejandroanz
@
yahoo.com.ar

Ok I'll see about doing the scans in a few days. sorry I took so long to get to you.
bolfry

Post by bolfry »

Alejo wrote:I was just asking for this! :D I bought the game a week ago and I´m waiting for it to arrive (with a couple of decks too).
S!
My mail:

alejandroanz
@
yahoo.com.ar
Just did the scans for this - but I want to assemble the map and see if I can do this before I hand it off to anyone else. My scans are at 300 dpi.
bolfry

Post by bolfry »

Is there a way to make the dice in the upper left hand corner larger or to keep them on the board when they are rolled? It would be helpful with this gamebox if either of those were possible since there are symbols on the box about the size of pips on a D6.

Also, a little more clarification on nonsquare counters and getting them to work would be nice. I'm going through the gameboxes I can find to get ideas and playing with it but it's a slow process to figure it out.

Thanks
Pokke

Post by Pokke »

bolfry wrote:Also, a little more clarification on nonsquare counters and getting them to work would be nice. I'm going through the gameboxes I can find to get ideas and playing with it but it's a slow process to figure it out.
It's explained here: http://www.zuntzu.com/create_gamebox-3.htm#mask but I assume that you read that already?
What specific problems do you have with this, maybe I can help?
bolfry

Post by bolfry »

Pokke wrote:
bolfry wrote:Also, a little more clarification on nonsquare counters and getting them to work would be nice. I'm going through the gameboxes I can find to get ideas and playing with it but it's a slow process to figure it out.
It's explained here: http://www.zuntzu.com/create_gamebox-3.htm#mask but I assume that you read that already?
What specific problems do you have with this, maybe I can help?
Thanks for the offer, but I've figured it out already. Between me and Paintshop Pro - we got nonsquare tokens in all shapes and sizes.

The Runebound gamebox is done, the only thing I'd like to change is the dice. I have the dice fixed as best as can be, but with them going back into the box and being so small the symbols are hard to see - so I resorted to color-coding the backgrounds. It works, but it still a little hard to see and a little distractive.

If all goes well, I'll have my next gamebox done by the end of the week...;)

I'm loving this!
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

[Post] Tue May 26, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Is there a way to make the dice in the upper left hand corner larger or to keep them on the board when they are rolled? It would be helpful with this gamebox if either of those were possible since there are symbols on the box about the size of pips on a D6.
I've just discovered that this is an undocumented feature:

Roll the die/dice and wait for them to stop, then press the [Alt] key once - this freezes them in place! Just press the [Alt] key again (or left-click) the mouse, and they return to the tray. It's also slightly buggy, which you'll see if you right-click the mouse while they're frozen (the display seems to shrink) - so don't do that :)
efrit

Post by efrit »

What happen with this gamebox? Someone have it?

Thanks a lot.
Evintine

Post by Evintine »

efrit wrote:What happen with this gamebox? Someone have it?

Thanks a lot.
Looking for this as well!
Heath

Post by Heath »

Bill Barrett wrote:

Roll the die/dice and wait for them to stop, then press the [Alt] key once - this freezes them in place! Just press the [Alt] key again (or left-click) the mouse, and they return to the tray. It's also slightly buggy, which you'll see if you right-click the mouse while they're frozen (the display seems to shrink) - so don't do that :)
This only works in windowed mode. Doesn't seem to do anything in full screen.
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

That's true...
vorakesh

Post by vorakesh »

Bill Barrett wrote:

That's ok, but during the dice are frozen, it is impossible to move the hero etc. It would be really nice to have the dice larger.