Can rotation be set to different increments?

Do you need help installing or using ZunTzu? Would you like to report a bug?

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Woody8297

Can rotation be set to different increments?

Post by Woody8297 »

Does anyone know if there is a setting to change the rotation of counters?

Right now it takes 24 clicks of the mouse wheel to make a full 360 degree rotation. That's 15 degrees per click. I'm making a game box where I only need 90 degree turns; just one click instead of six. It sure would be nice to change the setting...if there is one. I don't know enough about xml notation to know what line to add or even if it's possible to change the rotation angle at the level that gameboxes are made. I'm guessing it's part of the core program but figured I'd ask and hope for the best.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank
Edgar

Re: Can rotation be set to different increments?

Post by Edgar »

Hi!

Do you click to rotate the counters? This is the first time I hear about it, and I even tried right now to do that but I can't. At least for me rotation is by scroll wheel, and it's fast.
Woody8297

Post by Woody8297 »

Hi Edgar.

I wasn't clear. I said "mouse wheel" and should have clarified that I was talking about the "scroll" wheel and not the mouse buttons. On my mouse the wheel makes audible clicks. In ZunTzu the wheel doesn't scroll anything, it rotates the counters, so that's why I called it the mouse wheel.

Anyway, I think the number of degrees is not something that can be changed in an xml file. I believe it's part of the core program. I got a suggestion that Windows may be able to adjust the "scrolling" with a mouse setting. I haven't tried that to see if it will carry over in ZunTzu.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

Hi!
There are 24 rotation increments per turn (i.e. 15 degrees per increment). There is no way to customise that.
Note that it can be difficult to anticipate what your players really need. For instance I have seen some players rotate their pieces slightly to indicate that they have already been moved.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Woody8297

Post by Woody8297 »

Thanks for confirming that Jerome.

Yes, I rotate my pieces after movement too. I used to do that with cardboard and was happy to see that I could do the same when I first started using ZunTzu. 15 degree increments is perfect for a lot of purposes.

However in this gamebox (Ada Lovelace: Consulting Mathematician) the pieces are different shaped blocks. It's more of a puzzle than game and I only need 90 degree increments to position the blocks. I wasn't sure what the xml limits were so I asked the question here. Now I know. And it's not a big deal, my gamebox will work just fine with more spins of the mouse wheel.

Thanks again,
Frank