Settlers of Catan (Colons de Catane) box

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

capuani

Settlers of Catan (Colons de Catane) box

Post by capuani »

Hello all;
here's a comment about the box in the subject and a question about how to improve it.

Well briefly; opening the game the tiles are aligned into the default setting. The beauty of the game however is that the board changes everytime. So I tried to rearranged the tiles randomly.
And I actually discovered that it's very boring to do and it's not even random; I mean that one must put all the hex out, and then put all of them in again trying to pick them randomly. Pretty unpractical.

SO:

I was wondering if it could be possible to somehow "flag" the tiles as stackable, so putting them all in a stack while detaching from the map, SHUFFLING them automatically and then putting them again inside (manually; ok, but at least the shuffle would be made by the system).

Thanks
capuani

Post by capuani »

Ok I moved forward; replacing the type of the tiles from terrain to counter.

That way I'll lose the chance to have them statically firm when I'm ok with them.

So the question is: is it possible to have stackable - and - shuffable terrain tiles?

Thanks
bolfry

Post by bolfry »

capuani wrote:Ok I moved forward; replacing the type of the tiles from terrain to counter.

That way I'll lose the chance to have them statically firm when I'm ok with them.

So the question is: is it possible to have stackable - and - shuffable terrain tiles?

Thanks
What about defining them as "cards?" Wouldn't that do the trick? You /may/ want to take a look at the Zombies game it has a board you build each time you play too.