Les Quatre-Bras & Waterloo 1815

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

gcallari

Les Quatre-Bras & Waterloo 1815

Post by gcallari »

Hello,
I would like to download this game box, but it seems link is broken. Can someone help?

Thanks!
======
Gabriele
Chobham_1980A

Re: Les Quatre-Bras & Waterloo 1815

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi!

Sorry about that error - this was in ZT Library but there was a post-production change (added PDF). After fixing the ZIP file, I failed to re-link with newest version! Please note that this download is a ZIP file, so please download and extract to get to ZTB & PDF . . .

My apologies, Rich

PS Thank you for pointing this out - - your help is appreciated :!: :!: :!:
gcallari

Post by gcallari »

Rich, many thanks to you for your work and prompt answer. I confirm it works fine now.
======
Gabriele
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hey Gabriele,

Are you willing provide new ZTBs? We need this stuff - - - :) :)
gcallari

Post by gcallari »

Hi Rich,

Sorry for the late answer, I'm just back after a couple of weeks.
I have created some Vassal modules and modified some others, and I am certainly interested in creating ZunTzu modules, though I have no experience and to be honest not much time. I have and use a Mac as my primary computer, but I run Windows inside a virtual machine. I have a good collection of games to use as a base (and if anyone is interested I can also provide material).
======
Gabriele
Chobham_1980A

Post by Chobham_1980A »

Hi, Gabriele!

If you are producing Vassal designs, then you might find that ZTB designs are easier and faster? We have several Vassal Designers which have switched to ZT. The main reason: speed of production. Yes, there are basic issues when comparing the two 'Core-programs,' but ZTB design is way simpler when compared to Vassal etc.

First, ZT uses HTML. A much simpler computer language when compared to Vassal's more complicated JAVA application. JAVA needs more complicated understanding of computer programming in order to produce a game in Vassal. ZunTzu's HTML structure allows for easy 'copy & paste' design to teach new ZT non-programming fellows. Way easier for guys like me! I'm JAVA no programmer!

As a result, come 2023, expect tutorials in making NEW ZTBs! For those who are NOT computer programmers: ZT will help. It is easy, but common-sense work is needed for explaining 'how-to-design-a-ZTB.' Just get your scans of your favorite game done - - it ain't easy but well worth the trouble!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! - - ZT Upload Team!