handling stacks of cards

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

letsgored

handling stacks of cards

Post by letsgored »

Is there a way to select an entire stack of cards? A stack of face down cards does not expand when you put your pointer over it, which is good because it makes drawing a card from the top easy, but if I want to select all of the cards, so I can flip them all over (the game I'm working on sometimes lets you inspect your draw pile of cards and remove a specific card), I can't without first flipping over just the top card which seems to cause the stack of cards to behave like a stack of tiles, expanding when your pointer is over it. When its like that, I can then access the bottom card, flipping it and all cards above it, but then the top card is now flipped the wrong way, so I have to flip it back. Perhaps holding a key, say the control key, while moving your pointer over a stack a cards would cause it to behave like a stack of tiles, expanding for easy access to a cards other than the top most.

Also, when looking at a large stack of cards in the stack inspector window, perhaps the card that your pointer is hovering over over could visually spring out in some fashion so that you could see its entire face (rather then having it obscured by the cards on top of it). This would not change its location in the stack. This way, if you were trying to find a specific card in a large stack, you could open up the stack inspector and skim its contents quickly by move your pointer down over the cards with each being momentarily fully viewable while your pointer hovered over it.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: handling stacks of cards

Post by Jerome »

letsgored wrote:Is there a way to select an entire stack of cards?
You figured out everything. As you can see the support for playing cards is not very good in the current version of ZunTzu. In my development version I have coded a better user interface. I'll make it available in ten days.
letsgored wrote:Perhaps holding a key, say the control key, while moving your pointer over a stack a cards would cause it to behave like a stack of tiles, expanding for easy access to a cards other than the top most.
What a coincidence! It's exactly how it works in the upcoming version. The control key.
letsgored wrote:Also, when looking at a large stack of cards in the stack inspector window, perhaps the card that your pointer is hovering over over could visually spring out in some fashion so that you could see its entire face (rather then having it obscured by the cards on top of it). This would not change its location in the stack. This way, if you were trying to find a specific card in a large stack, you could open up the stack inspector and skim its contents quickly by move your pointer down over the cards with each being momentarily fully viewable while your pointer hovered over it.
I'm planning to do something about that. It's a bit complicated because several players can move their mouse cursors over the stack inspector at the same time.
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
letsgored

Post by letsgored »

Jerome, thanks for the detailed responses here and in the other thread. Sounds like you have a lot of good things planned. I'm looking forward to the next release, after which I'll probably be bugging you for more features. :P