Is It Possible To Make Games Just For ZunTzu?

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

Davaris

Is It Possible To Make Games Just For ZunTzu?

Post by Davaris »

Hi Jerome,
I'm very interested in your program and I was wondering if developers would be able to make digital board games for exclusive sale on your platform. I guess if someone did that, they'd need some kind of copy protection system. So I was wondering are you planning on including anything like that in the future?
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Is It Possible To Make Games Just For ZunTzu?

Post by Jerome »

Davaris wrote:I'm very interested in your program and I was wondering if developers would be able to make digital board games for exclusive sale on your platform. I guess if someone did that, they'd need some kind of copy protection system. So I was wondering are you planning on including anything like that in the future?
Hi Davaris!

I would be happy to see game publishers use ZunTzu to market their games. I believe the whole community would benefit from having a single platform for both free games and commercial games.

The next update of ZunTzu will include Digital Rights Management, which purpose is to encrypt game images to better protect copyrighted artwork. I can see how the same feature can be leveraged to implement online registration of commercial game boxes.

If you intent to sell game boxes for ZunTzu, I will ask you to purchase a commercial license from me. If someone is to make a little money out of ZunTzu, I think it's only fair I get a part of it, and it will somehow compensate for the increased expectation of quality from paying customers.

(Note to other readers: don't worry, this is not a change to the current conditions of use. ZunTzu is still free-of-charge and you're still free to make and share your own game boxes)
Jerome, ZunTzu developer.
Davaris

Post by Davaris »

Thanks for answering.

As long as its not too expensive, I wouldn't mind paying a fee. The last computer game I made cost me a bundle to make and only 150 people bought it over four years. :) So as a suggestion it might be a good idea to offer different tiered pricing schemes, depending on whether the buyer is an established company or is an Indie.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

I was thinking of royalties, not a fixed price. No risk.
consimworld

Post by consimworld »

Sounds like a good plan. Some sort of digital rights mgmt/registration would be nice to see.
Jerome
Site Admin

Post by Jerome »

consimworld wrote:Sounds like a good plan. Some sort of digital rights mgmt/registration would be nice to see.
Hi John! Welcome to this forum.
I've been following your work on BEDA FOMM. I'm very pleased to see how ZunTzu was put to good use during the testing process and the tutorials. Great work! I can't thank Bill Barrett enough for being such a great ZunTzu supporter for the ConsimWorld community! His game boxes are excellent!
Last edited by Jerome on 02 Sep 2010, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
consimworld

Beda Fomm -- thanks

Post by consimworld »

Thanks for the kind words, Jerome. And thanks for creating a great gaming platform.

I was hoping to trouble you with one small favor. There are three different versions of BEDA FOMM listed on the files page. Could you do me a favor and remove the two older versions. The most recent is v1.02 and that's the only one that should appear. Bill has done a great job creating the game module and evangelizing for ZunTzu. I'm very interested in your next release and will email you direct to ask for more information.
Jerome
Site Admin

Re: Beda Fomm -- thanks

Post by Jerome »

consimworld wrote:Could you do me a favor and remove the two older versions.
No problem. I've just removed versions 1.0 and 1.01.
I'll be expecting your mail.
consimworld

Post by consimworld »

Thanks very much for the quick attention, Jerome.