game hosting and collection

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

timtimmins

game hosting and collection

Post by timtimmins »

Hi all
I'd like to try to host the game boxes - it seems a shame to waste all the effort and keep games on local disks.
If you link me your game boxes (I'll collate them) and give me a rough indication of the copyright status (or even just the publisher name and possibly whether permission has been sought), I'll take it from there.
Also, I'd be particularly interested in forming a collection of German-style boardgames, as I have some contacts there.
Tim
GJK

Re: game hosting and collection

Post by GJK »

timtimmins wrote:Hi all
I'd like to try to host the game boxes - it seems a shame to waste all the effort and keep games on local disks.
If you link me your game boxes (I'll collate them) and give me a rough indication of the copyright status (or even just the publisher name and possibly whether permission has been sought), I'll take it from there.
Also, I'd be particularly interested in forming a collection of German-style boardgames, as I have some contacts there.
Tim
Tim,

Are you saying that you will host the actual gamebox file or are you making a site that will link to all the various sites that host the game files?
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
timtimmins

Post by timtimmins »

not sure how to best to do this yet
I need to be sure about the copyright status first...