How does ZunTzu compare to Vassal?

General discussion about ZunTzu in English.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

breckjensen

How does ZunTzu compare to Vassal?

Post by breckjensen »

Hello all,

Just curious, on Consimworld, Consim Press (Say those 3 words 5 times fast ) said that the gent who did the ZunTzu game box for one of their previous games would be doing it again for The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43. Which is great news for me, since I have discovered I enjoy playing solitaire on Vassal rather than with an actual board (I know I know, on some things I am a product of my generation. laugh )

Anyways, how does ZunTzu compare? About the same learning curve? Pro and Cons of using either? Vassal seems to have a much larger library, I already use Vassal for both my London's Burning and Phantom Leader campaigns.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/973459 ... are-vassal
Chobham_1980

Re: How does ZunTzu compare to Vassal?

Post by Chobham_1980 »

breckjensen wrote:Hello all,

Just curious, on Consimworld, Consim Press (Say those 3 words 5 times fast ) said that the gent who did the ZunTzu game box for one of their previous games would be doing it again for The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43. Which is great news for me, since I have discovered I enjoy playing solitaire on Vassal rather than with an actual board (I know I know, on some things I am a product of my generation. laugh )

Anyways, how does ZunTzu compare? About the same learning curve? Pro and Cons of using either? Vassal seems to have a much larger library, I already use Vassal for both my London's Burning and Phantom Leader campaigns.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/973459 ... are-vassal

Welcome to the ZT forum! :P

After reading the BGG thread, one thing that was not directly covered was ZT's ease of use:

Each VASSAL module interface needs to be learned. In ZT, once you learn the interface - well, there is not much else to learn!

This is what ZunZtu Bill was saying in the BGG post (paraphrased): the design philosophy of ZT is for ease of play! No need to learn the idiosyncrasy for each VASSAL module :cry: // in ZT, the interface is rather intuitive so we can more enjoy the play :) !

If you have any questions on how to use the ZT interface - just ask a specific question on this forum . . .

Regards, Rich