Race for the Galaxy possible?

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

joe

Race for the Galaxy possible?

Post by joe »

Hi all,

I have found ZunTzu and it looks very very nice! Hats down and bowing to the author(s)!

That said, I really like Race for the Galaxy. And I have seen some posts about it in the French section, but I cant speak French unfortunately.
What has been said there - would it be possible to create a Game box for RftG?

Thx!

Joe
Jebbou

Re: Race for the Galaxy possible?

Post by Jebbou »

Hi there Joe,

I did create one at the time, and even added a few (unbalanced) homeworlds. My question in the French section was about the handling of exploration role's drawing and discarding. Since you must draw x cards and discard a few ones, it would be very easy for someone to cheat by discarding one of the cards he already had in hand. There are no solution to this, but when you do not bother trying to solve this issue, the game flows very well.

Regards,

Etienne
Bill Barrett

Post by Bill Barrett »

Since you must draw x cards and discard a few ones, it would be very easy for someone to cheat by discarding one of the cards he already had in hand. There are no solution to this
I don't know the game, but I can understand the problem - but surely all you need to do is make a player put all the cards in their hand back on the table face down, while they draw the new ones and make their discard decisions. It's not exactly elegant or convenient, but it would work.

Regards, Bill
Jebbou

Post by Jebbou »

Bill,

Thanks for your input Bill! That's something I had suggested in my French post, but I have discarded the idea, as there can be a lot of cards in hand (usually between 3 and 10). I would be very time consuming to move the cards back and forth. Jerome mentionned it could become easier to do with some future development that allow multiple selections, but even with the suggested changes, I think I would still play as I play now, since it flows so well.

Best regards,

Jeb
spearjr

Post by spearjr »

Did anyone ever post a gamebox somewhere for downloading?