terrain-sheet....

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

morval

terrain-sheet....

Post by morval »

Jerome, I got this from an older post:

Terrains sheets are defined just like counter sheets, except you need to replace "counter-sheet" with "terrain-sheet" and "counter-section" with "terrain-section".

Could you point me to a game-box that uses terrains so I can see the syntax or another post that lists it, I couldn't find one.

Thanks,

Morval
morval

Re: terrain-sheet....

Post by morval »

morval wrote:Jerome, I got this from an older post:

Terrains sheets are defined just like counter sheets, except you need to replace "counter-sheet" with "terrain-sheet" and "counter-section" with "terrain-section".

Could you point me to a game-box that uses terrains so I can see the syntax or another post that lists it, I couldn't find one.

Thanks,

Morval
Also what are the defaults?

Thanks!
radikal

Post by radikal »

I used terrain in 1851.

Here's a snippet:

Code: Select all

<terrain-sheet name="Stock Price Index" front-image-file="SPI.png" front-resolution="150 dpi" >
                <terrain-section front-left="1" front-top="1" front-right="1611" front-bottom="1229"/>
        </terrain-sheet>
The Stock Price Index is a full sheet 'terrain' that I wanted to be able to drag over to the map tab and allow players to locate it wherever they wanted to. Open 1851 and click on the trowel icon in the lower right to reveal the Stock Price Index tab. I didn't specify how many copies so you can drag as many copies of the one-page item just as you do with the poker chips in the Poker gamebox.

Here's a link to a syntax page that should help with the defaults (not everything is there but the defaults for other types apply equally to terrain):
http://www.zuntzu.com/gamebox-grammar.htm
morval

Post by morval »

radikal wrote:I used terrain in 1851.

Here's a snippet:

Code: Select all

<terrain-sheet name="Stock Price Index" front-image-file="SPI.png" front-resolution="150 dpi" >
                <terrain-section front-left="1" front-top="1" front-right="1611" front-bottom="1229"/>
        </terrain-sheet>
The Stock Price Index is a full sheet 'terrain' that I wanted to be able to drag over to the map tab and allow players to locate it wherever they wanted to. Open 1851 and click on the trowel icon in the lower right to reveal the Stock Price Index tab. I didn't specify how many copies so you can drag as many copies of the one-page item just as you do with the poker chips in the Poker gamebox.

Here's a link to a syntax page that should help with the defaults (not everything is there but the defaults for other types apply equally to terrain):
http://www.zuntzu.com/gamebox-grammar.htm
Already fully gone over the gamebox-grammer document, very useful. But it doesn't have Terrain so thats why I asked. :)

Thanks