Conflict of Heroes v.2

Discuss game box design and sharing.

Moderators: Ichibrothers, Cambronne

DeutschRitter

Conflict of Heroes v.2

Post by DeutschRitter »

In the files section a newer GameBox version of CoH is listed but without download link. The v.1 has some failures. The SMG PPSh squads APs cost to fire in the original game has a value of 4 not 3 and the range is 6 not 3. Does anyone know when the V.2 is ready to download?
GJK

Post by GJK »

Uwe sent me the artwork for what the PPsh squad *should* of been in the game so we decided to include that. Nevertheless, you can download the v2.0 gamebox from the same link as the v1.0:

http://www.conflictofheroes.com/News.html

GJK
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer
fixpix

Post by fixpix »

Wait. I'm confused. What's this about what PPsh should have been? Are the values wrong in the game? Is PPsh supposed to have different values from what you get in the original box? Because I have the game and it reads 4 AP to fire and range of 6. Which one are correct?
DeutschRitter

Post by DeutschRitter »

fixpix wrote:Wait. I'm confused. What's this about what PPsh should have been? Are the values wrong in the game? Is PPsh supposed to have different values from what you get in the original box? Because I have the game and it reads 4 AP to fire and range of 6. Which one are correct?
Hmm, seems that the values in the boardgame are wrong?! Iwould make more sense if they have a lower range then rifle squads but a higher Firepower!
GJK

Post by GJK »

fixpix wrote:Wait. I'm confused. What's this about what PPsh should have been? Are the values wrong in the game? Is PPsh supposed to have different values from what you get in the original box? Because I have the game and it reads 4 AP to fire and range of 6. Which one are correct?
Over on CSW, Uwe wrote that he misnamed the PPSh squads; that if they truely were using the PPSh, then the range should be much shorter. However, it obviously isn't backwards compatible with the existing scenarios and components so it is what it is.

I believe that v2.0 of the module goes back to the values for the PPSh that came with the game because of this.

From Uwe:
2. Sino - Yes, I made a mistake marking the elite Soviet units as PPsh. The range for a PPsh unit should only be 3 or even 2. But at this stage, I needed a more powerful Soviet unit that represented some of the trained and highly armed segments of the 1941 Soviet infantry. I should have labeled them differently.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer